A CHRONOLOGY OF SRI RAMAKRISHNA'S LIFE
- 1775 Birth of Khudiram.
- 1791 Birth of Chandra Devi.
- 1805 Birth of Ramkumar.
- 1814 Khudiram settles at Kamarpukur.
- 1826 Birth of Rameswar.
- 1835 Khudiram's pilgrimage to Gaya.
- 1836 Birth of Sri Ramakrishna, February 18, about 5:15 A.M.
- 1843 Death of Khudiram.
- 1845 Sri Ramakrishna's sacred thread ceremony.
- 1850 Ramkumar opens his school in Calcutta.
- 1852 Sri Ramakrishna comes to Calcutta.
- 1853 Birth of the Holy Mother, December 22.
- 1855 Dakshineswar Kali temple founded. Hriday at Dakshineswar. Sri
Ramakrishna appointed priest of the Vishnu temple and then of the Kali temple.
- 1856 Death of Ramkumar. Realization of God and first God-intoxicated
state of Sri Ramakrishna.
- 1857 Sri Ramakrishna's treatment under Gangaprasad.
- 1858 Haladhari as priest at Dakshineswar. Sri Ramakrishna goes to
- 1859 Sri Ramakrishna's marriage.
- 1860 Return to Dakshineswar. Mathur's vision.
- 1861 Death of Rani Rasmani. Meeting with the Brahmani. Tantra
practice under the Brahmani. Second divine madness.
- 1863 Completion of Tantra practice. Meeting with Pundit Padmalochan.
Chandra Devi comes to live at Dakshineswar.
- 1864 Sri Ramakrishna's practice of the vatsalya bhava under Jatadhari.
Practice of the madhur bhava. Initiation into sannyas by Totapuri.
- 1865 Akshay replaces Haladhari. Totapuri leaves Dakshineswar.
- 1866 Sri Ramakrishna in the Advaita plane for six months. Illness. Practice
- 1867 Sri Ramakrishna at Kamarpukur. Brahmani takes leave.
- 1868 Pilgrimage. Meeting with Gangama.
- 1870 Tour with Mathur. Sri Ramakrishna at the Colootola Harisabha.
Visit to Kalna and Navadvip.
- 1871 Death of Mathur.
- 1872 The Holy Mother's first visit to Dakshineswar. The Shorasi Puja.
- 1873 Death of Rameswar.
- 1874 The Holy Mother again at Dakshineswar.
- 1875 Sri Ramakrishna's first visit to Keshab Chandra Sen. Last visit to
- 1876 Death of Chandra Devi.
- 1877, 1878 Intimacy with Keshab. The Holy Mother's third visit to Dakshineswar.
- 1879 Coming of disciples begins.
- 1880 Meeting with Rakhal and Narendranath.
- 1881 Dismissal of Hriday.
- 1882 Visit to Pundit Vidyasagar. The Holy Mother again at Dakshineswar.
- 1884 Death of Keshab. Meeting with Pundit Shashadhar. Gopal Ma.
The Holy Mother comes to live at Dakshineswar for the last time.
- 1885 Last visit to Panihati. Illness and removal to Syampukur. Association
with Dr. Sarkar. Removal to Cossipore.
- 1886 Treatment at Cossipore. Organization of disciples. Mahasamadhi,
August 16, at two minutes past 1 A.M.